Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

This board will act as a guide to help create a story board. Have you ever wanted to tell a story through pictures? On this board you will see pictures that convey a story. I will create a story using the concept of "Toy Story." The purpose of the lesson plan is to show students how to convey a story using just images. This is important because it deals with real life situations outside the classrooms. In relations to the previous statement, we see logos in advertisements, traffic symbols, and other types of images that convey a story or message. I want my students to be able to identify with the image on a critical thinking level. In order to achieve my goal for the lesson, I want my student to create a series of images that related to each other. They will tell a story with no words or captions. Now my students will have no choice to think outside of the box. Art is about being open minded and letting your creativity run wild. 
Using the website was intimidating at first, but after using it I realized it is a great tool to use in the classrooms. It makes the lessons fun and interactive. My only concerns with the website is that it is slow. The site seems fairly new, but it still needs minor adjustments. I do plan to use this in the near future. 

Story Telling Through Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment